Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Confessions of a Scrapaholic

My name is Becky and I am a scrapaholic.

2010 was a big year for me. I had extreme highs like planning my wedding and getting married, and extreme lows like losing my job for the second year in a row. After having moments of, "What do you mean I have to pay for outdoor grills because of fire codes?" and "Is there any way I can special order this dress - AND have it ready in three weeks?", all I could think of in the (few) quiet moments was "I lost my job. What am I going to do now?" So, I decided to follow my crazy dream and pursue what I enjoy doing most- scrapbooking. My New Year's resolution is to stop talking about what I love and start actually DOING it. So, consider this my first step of DOING.

My goal by the end of 2011 is to start selling some of my work and immerse myself in all that is scrapbooking.
Now onto the good stuff...

Step 1: Take my knowledge of teaching and apply it to scrapbooking. Check!

Monday, January 24 will be my very first scrapbooking class!



This quick and simple layout uses paper from Best Creation's Winter Wonderful line as well as some paper from Bo Bunny. For those of you who are unfamiliar with using a Cricut, and for those of you who have one that's still in the box (I know you're out there!), I'll show you how a simple cut can create a focal point for your entire layout. We will also be using Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels on chipboard letters to create a wintery title.

This would be a great class for scrappers who are just starting out or who want to get some practice using Glimmer Mist. Annnnnnnnnd it's only $7! Join me from 6:30-7:30 pm at Scrapbook Buddies in Temple City. You will need liquid (Zip Dry or Scrappy Glue) and dry adhesive (like a tape runner). I also used Stickles, Diamond Glaze, and chalks to brighten things up. If you are unsure what any of these are, I'd be happy to help you before class starts. Call (626) 286-2846 to sign up.

I hope you'll stop by every once in awhile and check out what I'm up to!

Step 2: Start a blog. Check!

Love,


0 comments:

Post a Comment