Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fly Away With Me

First of all I'd like to say thanks to everyone who came to my very first scrapbook class! We had a great turnout and I'm excited for next week's "Going Places" pennant class.

Speaking of pennants...

A few weeks ago I saw an interesting post on Facebook. I'm usually not one to participate in Facebook games like "Change your status to where you put your purse to support the bluebirds in Antarctica" but this one caught my eye:

Pay it forward 2011: I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment here. They in turn must post this and send something they make to the first 5 people who comment on their status. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011!
Now this I can get on board with! After having 5 fabulous friends sign up it was time to get to work. I'd seen pennants in all of my latest scrapbook magazines so I decided to make this card with a pennant on it after seeing it in an awesome YouTube tutorial by Kristina Werner, one of the Garden Girls from Two Peas in a Bucket (can't take credit for this cute design!).



I made 5 of these guys and boy did my hands hurt after cutting all those little flags!


I popped the little flags up to add dimension and did some stitching around the clouds. I just got this border punch and was happy to pull it out. After some digging in the dollar bins at my nearest craft store I found this stamp to finish the card off.


I hope my friends liked these! Don't forget to check out my next class where we will be making a pennant on a travel layout. The class is next Wednesday, February 2 and it's only $12!

XOXO,


0 comments:

Post a Comment