Wednesday, December 28, 2011

O Christmas Card, O Christmas Card

About two weeks ago I attended my first ever card swap at my local scrapbook store, Scrapbook Buddies. It was a fun afternoon filled with Christmas treats and socializing. All we had to do was bring two handmade Christmas cards.





I used Bo Bunny's Blitzen collection along with my new Sew Ribbon by We R Memory Keepers that I bought at Pages From the Heart.

This year I also decided to make our Christmas cards. Last year I sent a photo card with some of our wedding pictures since we had just gotten married and our family and friends really liked it. I chose one picture from our recent trip to Costa Rica and went with a design I had made at a make-and-take at Scrapbook Buddies.



Making 29 of these was a challenge. The worst part was when I was done and realized, "Um...what envelope do I use?" Epic FAIL! After a few panic-stricken minutes, I found that my local Paper Source had the perfect size.

Moral of the story: never make a card without having an envelope first.

Once these puppies were addressed, stamped and in the mail (five days before Christmas but at least they made it!) I felt a huge sense of accomplishment. I felt even better when I found out that everyone had received them well before Christmas, even those traveling out to Texas.

I think maybe I'll make cards every other year...

Merry Christmas!

XOXO,

0 comments:

Post a Comment