Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Valentine's Day Wreath

I've been seeing a lot of yarn wreaths on Pinterest and other crafty blogs and decided to give one a try. On a rainy day last month, I felt crafty but but not really scrappy (yes, It happens) so I headed to Joann's to buy my materials.

Supplies: Styrofoam wreath, yarn, felt, pearls, glue gun, ribbon


I started by wrapping the foam wreath with the pink yarn. After one turn, I noticed some of the foam wreath peeking through so I did a second layer, this time not winding the yarn as tightly. This took about one episode of Castle.

Once the wreath was wrapped, I began making the flowers out of felt the same way I made the flowers for my topiary. I used squares that were about 4 in. x 4 in. I finished the flowers by adding pearl clusters to the center.

Inexpensive holiday decor is my favorite! Although it should be hanging on my door it is currently hanging by my craft area. It's too pretty to get dirty outside!

ETA: Just found out my wreath has been featured over at The Latest Find! Thanks, Ashley!



XOXO,

11 comments:

Heidi said...

So cute! I agree, it is too nice to get dirty.

Heather said...

So cute! I just made a red one with cream and white flowers. Yours is cuter!

Becky said...

Thank you ladies! You are all so kind! :)

Ashley @ The Latest Find said...

Hi!! I love your wreath, the pink looks great with the red bow and the flowers! Had to feature this as a latest find for valentine projects! http://thelatestfind.blogspot.com/2012/02/latest-finds-for-valentine-projects.html
Amazing job on it, it's adorable! =)

Katie @ Made to be a Momma. said...

Love this! Totally agree about it being too pretty to get dirty!

www.pincushioncreations.com

Michelle McClure said...

What an adorable wreath! Just make the flowers paper and you have your altered item with a homemade embellishment, wink wink.

Unknown said...

I am loving the yarn wreaths too! I host a Tuesday Pinterest Copycat party and would love for you to link up today. I just launched my blog and I am having a blast!

Alex said...

That turned out great! I should use up some of my stash and make one

Sugarr2518 said...

The wreath is adorable. I love the little rosettes you added to it:)

Sugarr2518 said...

The wreath is adorable. I love the little rosettes you added to it:)

~Tammy~ said...

I have seen these too and I have so wanted to make one, but just can't find the time! I am loving yours so much! Great job! You are giving me inspiration to do it, but if I could only find time!

Post a Comment