Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back to School Teacher Gifts!

Happy September! I love summer and this past summer was an absolute blast. But I am looking forward to cooler evenings, beautiful fall colors, and the upcoming holidays. As a teacher myself, September also means back to work/school. This month I'll be sharing a few school-related projects that I have been working on for both Scrap it With a Song and Pages From the Heart. First up: SIWAS!


This month's first challenge over at Scrap it With a Song is the classic "Teach Your Children" by Crosby, Stills, and Nash. I took the song and used it as inspiration for a gift that would be perfect for a teacher at any time of the year. And could easily hold a Starbucks gift card. I'm just sayin' (wink, wink).


I made this altered paint can using Authentique's "Curiosity" collection. This is a fun school-themed collection using colors that are not typical of school themed-collections. I think that is what makes it so fun to work with!

Please check out how this song inspired the rest of the Scrap it With a Song design team. If you feel inspired then please join in on this month's challenge.

Happy back to school and for those of you who haven't started yet, I'm very jealous.

I linked this project to:



I'm also linking to the CutCardStock.com fall-themed challenge!

XOXO,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great teacher gift idea, love it~

Joan said...

You are too talented! I'm excited to see all your beautiful work! :)

Post a Comment